How we help enrich lives
If we are going to help our residents live better, then it is our responsibility to offer them every opportunity to be actively engaged and involved. At Extendicare Maple View, we provide social and recreational services seven days a week - including holidays. These services are designed to meet the physical, emotional, spiritual, and intellectual needs of our residents. All activities are developed, organized and led by qualified staff and we offer both group and individualized services to meet residents’ unique needs and circumstances. Examples of our recreational services and activities include:
- Music and Memory: Through our Music and Memory program, residents living with dementia can have their own personal playlist loaded on an iPod and listen with earphones to their favourite music.
- Wireless Internet: Our home provides residents wireless internet connectivity so they can always go online to Skype with family or search a topic about which they are curious.
- Men's Social Group: Our Men's Social Group meets monthly to discuss the issues of the day and exchange views on current events.
- Gardening Program: Our Gardening Program takes advantage of our beautiful courtyard and gives residents a chance to exercise their green thumbs.
- Live Entertainment: We have regular live entertainment in the evening and afternoon with bands and musicians from the community playing all different kinds of music for every taste.
- Intergenerational Program: In our Intergenerational Program, elementary students from a nearby school come to the home frequently to play games, sing songs, read books and more with residents. Even the most reclusive residents enjoy their company.
- Monthly Birthday Bash: We have a monthly birthday bash for everyone celebrating a birthday during the month.
- Country Kitchen: The country kitchen in our activity room is always busy with residents making homemade soups, baking, or preparing a special meal.
- Bingo & Board Games: Bingo, card games and more are always popular and you'll often find residents arranging their own euchre party or bridge tournament.
We also offer a wide range of physiotherapy, cognitive, speech and occupational therapies according to the needs of our residents. Currently we offer:
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech Therapist